Saddleback College- Offering Free Customer Service and Sales Training Program
Saddleback College is ready to start cohort 3 of the FREE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES/MARKETING TRAINING, available in-person or via Zoom. Saddleback College has been awarded a small grant from the OC Community Foundation to develop customer service and sales/marketing training to create a skilled talent pipeline for Cox Communications. The grant pays for the cost of training so there is no cost to interested participants.
The class offers the following –
- Customer service skills and marketing tools
- Resume review and interview tips
- Students will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program
- Students will have a greater chance of being hired by employers seeking individuals with these skill sets
- There will be a guaranteed interview with Cox Communications upon completion of the training program
- By completing the course, you will meet many of the minimum requirements for the interview
- There is no cost to participants as the grant will pay for the training program
Training will begin on 7/15/23.
The training is a ten-week training program and will be held on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Saddleback College - BGS #244. If you are interested in attending the program remotely, we will send you a Zoom link in advance of the training session.
For individuals who would like the opportunity to schedule an interview with Cox Communications after completing the full training, here are Cox Communications’s minimum and preferred requirements for the Retail Sales Associate position. Please note that this is only an entry point into the company, and there are many career growth opportunities available.
Please visit https://jobs.coxenterprises.com/ for more career opportunities at Cox Communications.
- HS diploma, GED, or relevant work experience required; some college with a focus on sales, business, and/or management is a plus
- Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a consultative, solutions-based approach and influence customer decisions
- Ability to build relationships and adapt to a diverse customer base
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
- Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
- One year of experience in a related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, Service Industry, etc.)
- Experience selling wireless/mobile products
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken
If you are interested in the Saddleback College Customer Service and Sales Training Program, and/or if you are interested in the opportunity to interview with Cox Communications and have met the minimum requirements, please send Jessie Cheng an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
- May 17, 2023
- Send Email